At this point in my life, lots of people are getting pregnant which means I’m in the market for baby shower, pregnancy announcement, and post-baby gifts. Obviously it’s not necessary to get a gift at each stage, but I really do love buying presents so I can’t always help myself.
But as much fun as it is to buy baby clothes and adorable soft patterned swaddles, mom-to-be also need some love! From my experience being pregnant, here are some small thoughtful gifts that expecting moms will enjoy:
- Slippers. I honestly have never been that into slippers but for some reason I have been wearing them nightly since being pregnant and post-partum.
- Soft, cozy robe. The hubs got me a robe/pj dress set for our anniversary a few months into pregnancy and I basically wore the robe every single night. Perks of a maternity dress – it can double as a super convenient whip-the-boob out for baby nightgown.
- Stretch Mark Lotion. My mom gave this to me in a goodie bag after we found out we were pregnant and I love it. It dries fully and doesn’t leave me feeling greasy (I am not a lotion person). This one is dermatologist approved, hypoallergenic, and free from mineral oil, parabens, and phthalates. I’ve also been using it post-partum.
- Bath bombs, bath bubbles, bath salts. For relaxing of course!
- VertigoX Aromatherapy Oil. While I never got drastic morning sickness, there were a few times that I did feel woozy at random times, especially with certain foods like chicken, in the first trimester. I also had some nausea bouts in third trimester so this came in handy more than once. I carried this oil with me everywhere and would rub it on my wrists and neck which totally helped.
- 32 oz BPA free water bottle. Mamas-to-be need to drink more water than normal so having a cute large water may help remind them!
- Beauty products free of parabens, sulfates and phthalates. On a budget – Burt’s Bees. Splurge – Bare Minerals. Both have a lot of options. I especially like the Burt’s Bees tinted chapstick and Bare Minerals 30 SPF face moisturizer and matte lipstick.
- Comfy maternity clothes. Think leggings, pj sets, lounge pants, sports bras (one size up), and nursing bras for sore, expanding boobies.
- Amazon Echo. Matt got this for me (us) for 3rd trimester so I can be lazy all I want and tell Alexa to what to do or need to know. Still working on figuring out how to fully use it outside of having her turn on music…
- Motherhood Maternity or Amazon giftcard. If you’re not totally sure what to get, giftcards are a safe bet. Motherhood Maternity has tons of sales so it’s easy to get good deals on maternity clothes. Amazon Prime has come in handy more times than I can count (as per usual) so you really can’t go wrong there.