Let’s hear it for the easiest dinner (yet least photogenic hence no photo) ever: crockpot chili! Matt had quite a few things or moreso “mmMMM” sounds to say about my latest batch so I figured I should add it to the blog.
So let’s get right to it. Easy-peasy recipe below:
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 package of ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis or jalepenos (or whatever “with BLANK” your heart desires!)
- 10 oz tomato paste (1/3 of the large 32 oz can)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 TBSP Kinders BBQ Rub (Matt threw this in when I wasn’t looking – great call!)
- 2 TBSP Spicy Chili Powder (some sort of mix of chili powder and garlic and some other good stuff)
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TSP sugar
- 1 TSP cumin
- 1 few grinds of pepper
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
- tortilla strips
- Brown the ground turkey in a pan.
- Toss all of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Give it a good stir.
- Put on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8.
- Serve with cornbread! Our fav is from Trader Joes – surprise surprise.