We bought a pool table and a dart board awhile back, but didn’t had anywhere to keep track of scores (and how many times I’ve beat Matt in pool). Matt suggested creating a large chalkboard right on the garage wall. Sold!
Here’s how we made it:
1. Make your frame or find a wooden frame you wish to use. To make the frame, use a 90 degree angle to outline the edges of your frame so they’ll connect.
2. Create your chalkboard space. Hold the frame up to the wall and trace inside of it. Place masking tape just outside of the lines on all four sides.
3. Sand the wall. This will help the chalkboard paint stick better.
4. Spray your square. We used chalk paint spray paint but you can always use regular chalkboard paint.
5. Let it dry.
6. Add the frame. We chose to screw it directly into the wall.
7. Voila! Start using it! We found out the hard way that liquid chalk doesn’t work very well on chalk paint, so I recommend using regular chalk.