When I was told we were heading to “the river” for the weekend, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Later, I found out that “the river” refers to Hidden Shores in Yuma, CA.
The ride there is a trip. We could see the actual border of Mexico (for miles), the most rocks I’ve seen form a mountain, and then suddenly…a ton of palm tree farms.
Since it’s hot, we spent the majority of time cruising the river, of course. But, the fun doesn’t stop there. Here are 5 things to do at the river:
- Go fishing. Just don’t mistake lighter colored water for a sand bank and end up getting carried away with the current like Matt and I did. Ugh.
- Cliff jump. Not for me but it looked fun!
- Enjoy soft serve ice cream from the store. Literally the most appealing thing in the world when it’s 110 outside.
- Make epic bloody marys. And add a little competition for the best bloody.
- Party on the sand bar. Grad your Tommy Bahama chair and post up on one of the numerous sand banks with a Coors Light in hand.